+44(0) 0151 449 3500

European Umbrella Services


Are you looking to work abroad in another European country?

If so, you might want to bear in mind how you’re paid and, most importantly, who pays you.

Many service providers based outside the UK focus on providing a service that leaves most of the responsibility for local compliance in your hands.

But at I-PAYE, we have a service which is compliant in each of the following countries:

  • Bulgaria
  • Croatia
  • Denmark
  • Finland       
  • France
  • Germany
  • Iceland
  • Italy
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Portugal
  • Republic of Ireland
  • Romania
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland


Additionally, through our International Working Alliances we are also able to assist in many other jurisdiction in particular:

  • Canada
  • United States of America

The service provided is an employment income-only scheme and we’ll try to structure an employment package that allows you to maximise your net income.

As each country has its own expense rules and unique interaction with the UK tax system, it is not possible to list a complete service overview in these pages alone. However, the following is common to all service packages:

  • Fixed fees agreed in advance
  • In-country registration assistance
  • UK Self Assessment completion
  • Advice on the correct basis of the ‘183-day rule’
  • Advice on whether UK or a local social security arrangement is the best option
  • Payments in and out in the same currency

We operate a payroll service where the customer is a dual tax resident and liabilities are covered in both the ‘host’ and ‘home’ countries. This prevents the need for any involvement with the UK HMRC’s offshore disclosure schemes.


call now

Call today on 0151 449 3500 and speak to Rob or Sue