Coming to work in the UK
Have you decided to come to work in the UK?
If so, you should be aware of the various Government rules which you MUST adhere to.
The list of rules are...
- You must have the right to work in the United Kingdom, either on an employed or self-employed basis.
- It is highly likely you’ll be subject to UK Income Taxation from the moment of arrival.
- You’ll be subject to UK National Insurance and your employer will have to account for National Insurance, whether it’s UK-based or not, from the moment of your arrival.
- You must register with the UK tax authorities upon your arrival in the UK.
- You must sign up with the UK Department for Work and Pensions to obtain a UK National Insurance number.
- You may be taxable on your worldwide income in the UK.
It is important that you choose the correct method of payment when you start contracting, taking into account both complex UK legislation and the laws of your home country.
I-PAYE has full in-house knowledge of the issues that need to be considered should you work in the United Kingdom on a short, medium or long-term basis.
Call today on 0151 449 3500 and speak to Sue or Paul